Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Call

Last Monday while at work, I received a call from my mum. She told me that she received a text from my cousin saying that my grandma (on my dad's side) is very ill. My mum was very concerned about it and we decided that we have to drop by Ipoh this weekend to visit her.

Even though my dad lives in Ipoh, I seldom go there and I am very much a stranger to the town. I had to use the GPS (thanks to that) to get to places around there and we spent the night at Impiana hotel which was previously known as Casuarina hotel when I was little. Ipoh is a nice and calm town. The food was great, and we even found the famous char kuay teow on Leech Street (now known as Jalan Bandar Timah, if i'm not mistaken). The kuay teow was not as good as last time, according to my mum, but still I had 2 plates of it. :D Places like these made me remember my childhood times, when my family was still a whole and we had trips during raya down to Ipoh.

I must admit that I have not been very close to my grandma on my dad's side as opposed grandma on my mum's side. Its sad and I wish I had known her better. I blame my dad for this. In fact during my visit there, my dad wasn't even in Ipoh. He would rather go to KL for some Bar Council annual dinner rather than visiting his own mother. Sometimes, I question his logic sense.

It had been easily a number of years since I last saw my grandma and now, she looks very old and frail. She does not look like what I remembered how she looked like before. I felt her hand and all I feel are her bones. I felt sad. She had not been awake for a week and had not been eating. I felt helpless, and what I could do is to pray for miracles to happen and hope for the best for her.

Whenever I pray, I pray for good things to happen to the people I care. Hopefully. Amin.

No comments: