Tuesday, January 24, 2012

CNY 2012

GONG XI GONG XI! GONG HEI FATT CHOY PEOPLE!!

Another lunar year passed by, and another lunar year came in. Its that time of the year again; say hello to the year of the water dragon! Talking about dragons, I was supposed to be a dragon baby, but I was born just before the Chinese New Year in 1988, thus I'm a fire rabbit! :)

CNY this year was pretty much quiet, thanks to my lil' brother who had just underwent a minor surgery at IJN last week, and due to go for a major surgery in this coming weeks. I expected this new year to be a little sober, but my mum was a good host and everything went well as usual. I am so proud of my mum. Despite all the stress, pain and worries, she still gave it a good show.

Family gatherings are always about reuniting, having fun and eating up a storm!
Also playing Monopoly cards. :D

We celebrated this year a little earlier than usual, where my relatives from Singapore came down 2 days prior to the new year. They went back on the first day of new year itself, in order to beat the causeway jam!

We had our big reunion lunch at Pearl Oriental, Bukit Kiara Equestrian Park. We had a reunion dinner there a couple of years before, and also my cousin's wedding there, so its a familiar place for us. Its one of the few places which serves good Chinese food and can accommodate big families during festive seasons, and of course its halal!

 Tossing yee sang wishing for a prosperous year ahead! :D

Meet the Tee family: Aris and Chin Jin

 Chin Jin and his girlfriend

Christine, Benjamin and Carolyn

Carolyn and Auntie Swee Bee

Uncle CH and Adnan

My mum with grandma

Uncle YO and Auntie Serene

And lastly, Chin Leong

Our small family potrait. :)

I'll be going down to Ipoh on Wednesday with my lil' brother for a checkup on his health condition, which co-insides with my birthday! I took 3 days leave from work this week, partly because I refuse to work on my birthday (haha!) as plan to just be lazy for the week. On Wednesday morning I'll be going down my my lil' brother and I guess its a little sacrifice for him. He is due to undergo a major surgery involving his hip joints, and he currently needs crutches to walk. Kesian sangat. There's a long story to that. We just hope and pray that everything will go well for him, InsyaAllah.

No comments: