Sunday, April 01, 2012

Chevrolet Colorado Launch Party

This was totally unexpected. About a week ago, I stumbled across a contest online and submitted an entry without much thought. It was my first time joining a slogan competition and a few days ago, they called me and I was among the 15 finalists! It was the Chevrolet Colorado contest. To be honest, I cant even remember what I wrote for the slogan! haha

I received a call informing that they liked my slogan, and was invited to the Colorado Launch Party. However, I was a little sad as I could not join the Photography Contest which is only open to the top 15 finalists, and the grand prize was a trip to Bangkok. The contest was at 5pm and I could only get out of the office at 6.30pm. xpe la, ape nak buat..

Before and during the launch.

I rushed there anyway after work and managed to find my way to the KL PAC (Kuala Lumpur Performing Arts Centre). The venue was seriously nice and and tastefully decorated all around. It was my first time being at a social event too, where all the lads were wearing expensive suits and the ladies in flashy dresses, making me feel super awkward.

So we were at the auditorium where the launch was held. As they launched the truck, the media rushed to the main stage to take pictures, and I was there to 'menyibuk' as well. :D

The 2.8 LTZ in white. The truck looks good and super clean in white! :D

This is Naza Quest's (the Chevrolet distributor in Malaysia) first attempt penetrating into the pick-up market in Malaysia and the new Colorado is fully imported from GM's plant in Rayong, Thailand.

A Royal Grey 2.5 LT manual in action!

Knowing that Naza is a super wealthy company, the event was simply amazing. There was live bands, cocktail refreshments, and a garden-themed buffet dinner after launch party. I had a long day that day so I didn't stay there until the event is over, but still, it was my first time and it was a great experience being at a car launch.

The interior was a very nice place to be in! Front and rear legroom are generous too.

The Colorado is available here in 2 trim levels (LT and LTZ) and 2 transmission choices (5-speed manual and 6-speed automatic). Starting from RM90,267.00, the base 2.5 litre LT only comes in manual, while the 2.8 variant comes in a manual LT spec, and a range topper 2.8 LTZ automatic. The 2.8 LTZ is definitely the one to get and it retails at RM106,008.00 OTR without insurance. The LTZ has all the goodies, which includes nice beige/white leather all around, 17-inch rims, projector headlamps, and the nicest feature (to me at least), a digital climate control.

A gorgeous Sizzle Red unit (it seriously looked better in flesh, pardon my photography skill)

The Colorado looks fresh and sets a new benchmark in the pick-up category in Malaysia. Now lets wait for the incoming 2012 Ford Ranger, which seriously looks good too! Come on Sime Darby, launch it already la, before its too late!!

No comments: